The following is a list of courses or workshops available in Arkansas that could be useful for your postpartum doula education. If you are interested in a certification, please read the details to determine if the listed classes are a required part of a certification granting organization. You must be at least 18 to participate.
Postpartum Doula Training in Little Rock, AR
Organization Name: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Health
Course and Workshop Details and Requirements
The classes offered are Newborn Care class (2 hours), Breastfeeding class (2 hours), and Infant CPR and Safety class (2 hours). These courses are not required for a certification organization such as Birthing from Within, CAPPA, or DONA International.
Course and Workshop Topics
These classes will cover the following concepts:
- Learn essential newborn care skills such as bathing, swaddling, diapering, and proper ways to holding an infant using hands-on techniques
- Discuss common safety risks for newborns during feeding and around the house
- Using a doll, learn how to give cardiopulmonary resuscitation to infants
- Discuss the health benefits of breastfeeding to both the infant and the mother
- Learn how to initiate the breastfeeding procedure and how to properly position the baby during breastfeeding
- Learn how to pump milk and safe breast milk storage techniques
Costs and Fees
Newborn Care class - $20
Breastfeeding class - $20
Infant CPR and Safety class - $20
Check available class times and register by clicking here and then clicking on the Online Class Registration link. Scholarships are available for these classes.