In South Dakota, you are not required to have a certification or a university degree to train or practice as a doula. Enrolling in a certification program is entirely voluntary and dependent on your job objectives.
Below is a list of educational classes and/or workshops available in South Dakota which can used as part of your doula training. If you decide to enter a certification program, please read the details to determine if the training classes or workshops are required part of that program’s curriculum.
Doula Training in Sioux Falls, SD
Organization Name: J&M Birth Consultants International
Course and Workshop Details and Requirements
- 2 day Birth doula training workshop (requirement towards DONA certification)
Course and Workshop Topics
As part of your doula training, these courses will cover the following:
- Identify sources of stress for the mother and baby
- Learn the physical and emotional aspects of labor and birth
- Learn different labor and pushing positions during labor
- Demonstrate various relaxation and rhythm techniques
- Recognize the bonding experience between mother, newborn, and her family
- Understand the role of a doula in assisting in breastfeeding
- Discuss the ethics and requirements for certification
Costs and Fees
Birth doula workshop – $375
There is a $175 deposit required for the workshop.
Register online at http://www.jmbirthconsultants.com/workshops/birthdoulaworkshop.html