New Mexico does not require a certification to work or to become a doula. Although becoming certified has its advantages, it is entirely legal to work as an uncertified doula in this state.
Listed below are educational classes available in New Mexico which can be incorporated into your doula training. Please read the requirements carefully to determine if the classes are affiliated with a program’s curriculum.
Doula Training in Hartford, CT
Organization Name: Birthing Gently
Course and Workshop Details and Requirements
- 1 day Introduction course to Childbirth for Doulas (DONA requirement)
- 3 day, 16 hour Birth doula training workshop (DONA requirement)
Course and Workshop Topics
As part of your doula training, these courses will cover the following:
- How to support an expectant mother prenatally and postnatally
- Learn the dynamics of birth and labor
- How to provide comfort to a woman in labor
- Basic anatomy and physiology of a woman
- Identify a doula’s role in the healthcare framework
- Discuss the ethics and process of the certification process
Costs and Fees
Introduction to Childbirth course and Birth Doula Workshop – $500
Download registration form and ail registration form and payment to:
P.O. Box 5373
Bradford, MA 01835
Or pay online with paypal by clicking here.