The following is a list of training classes or workshops offered in Wyoming which may be used as part of your postpartum doula education. Please read the details to determine if the training provided are a required part of a certification curriculum. You must be at least 18 years of age to attend.
Postpartum Doula Training in Casper, WY
Organization Name: Geisinger Medical Center
Course and Workshop Details and Requirements
The classes offered are Infant Care class (1 session) and Breastfeeding class (1 session). These classes are not required for a certification from DONA, CAPPA, or Birth Arts. Both postpartum doulas and birth doulas can attend even though the classes focus on postpartum skills.
Course and Workshop Topics
These classes will teach the following concepts of postpartum care:
- Learn how to provide newborn care support in the form of diapering, bathing, holding, and swaddling
- Understand the shift in family dynamics with the addition of a newborn
- Discuss infant characteristics, behaviors, and cues and how to tell if something is wrong
- Learn the basics of breastfeeding with tips for positioning and latching
- Discuss common breastfeeding challenges and how to help the mother overcome them
Costs, Fees, and Registration Details
You can check class dates and times for each of the classes by clicking here. Registration can be done through email or by phone (phone number and email address listed above in the details).