The following is a list of training classes available in the state of Nebraska which could be useful for your postpartum doula training. Please read the details carefully to determine if the trainings are a required part of a certification curriculum. You must be above 18 years to apply.
Postpartum Doula Training in Lincoln, NE
Organization Name: Bryan Health Medical Center
Course and Workshop Details and Requirements
The classes offered are Essentials of Childbirth class (3 hour class, 3 classes total), Breastfeeding Basics class (2.5 hours), Infant Massage class (2.5 hours), and CPR for Families and Friends class (1 session). These classes are not a required part of a certification curriculum such as DONA, CAPPA, or Childbirth International.
Course and Workshop Topics
These classes will go over the following concepts:
- Learn how to provide postpartum care to both the mother and newborn
- Understand about the breastfeeding cycle
- Discuss breastfeeding aids, nursing positions, and the importance of latching
- Participate using dolls to demonstrate CPR on infants to provide airway obstruction relief
- Learn how infant massages can encourage bonding between babies and their parents
- Discuss the benefits of infant massages such as muscle relaxation, stimulation of blood flow, aiding digestion, and easing constipation
- Learn newborn massage techniques using hands-on participation on a doll
Costs and Fees
Essentials of Childbirth class - $65
Breastfeeding Basics class - $20
Infant Massage class - $20
CPR for Families and Friends class - $20
Register and check available times by clicking here.