Listed below are training classes and workshops available in Louisiana that you could use as part of your postpartum doula education. Please read the details carefully to determine if the classes are a required part of a certification program. You must be at least 18 to register.
Postpartum Doula Training in Baton Rouge, LA
Organization Name: Woman's Hospital
Class and Workshop Details and Requirements
The classes taught are After Baby Comes class (2.5 hours), Breastfeeding Basics class (3.5 hours), and Great Expectations class (2.5 hours). These classes are not required part of a certification organization such as Birth Arts.
Course and Workshop Topics
These classes will teach you the following concepts about providing postpartum support to the new mother and baby:
- Engage in hands-on participation to learn how to bath, diaper, dress, and hold a newborn using a doll.
- Understand the different aspects of "baby blues" and how to recover from either vaginal or cesarean childbirth
- Discuss the positive benefits of breastfeeding
- Learn how to latch the baby properly for breastfeeding and how to avoid common problems during feeding
- Discuss the father's role during feeding and how to handle breastfeeding pumps and milk storage
- Learn how to provide a newborn with an environment for learning and growth
Costs and Fees
After Baby Comes class - $35
Breastfeeding Basics class - $35
Great Expectations class - $25
Register online and check class availability by clicking here.