Postpartum Doula Training in Anchorage, AK
Organization Name: Providence Health and Services
Course and Workshop Details and Requirements
The classes offered are Baby Basics class (3 hours), The Happiest Baby class (2 hours), Breastfeeding 101 class (2.5 hours), Infant Massage class (1 hour), and Infant and Child CPR class (2.5 hours). These courses are not a necessary requirement for a certification organization such as CAPPA, DONA, or Birth Arts International.
Course and Workshop Topics
These classes will go over the following concepts:
- Discuss the basics of infant care such as diapering, feeding, and bathing
- Learn about proper newborn dressing and playing habits as well as what to look for in baby equipment
- Learn the mechanics of breastfeeding, how to tell if a baby is full, and how to avoid soreness during breastfeeding
- Understand the protocols to perform CPR on infants through the American Heart Association "Friends and Family" course. This is not a CPR card granting class.
- Receive step-by-step instructions on how to encourage newborn babies to sleep longer and how to quickly soothe fussy babies. These techniques have been shown to reduce instances of postpartum depression, help with bonding with the newborn, and increase breastfeeding.
Costs and Fees
Baby Basics class - $65
The Happiest Baby class - $45
Breastfeeding 101 class - $60
Infant Massage class - $10
Infant and Child CPR class - $40
Check available class times and register by clicking here and then clicking on the Online Class Registration link. Scholarships are available for these classes.