The following is a list of educational classes and resources in the Alabama area which may be used as your postpartum doula training. Classes affiliated with a certification program will be listed in the details. You do not have to be pursuing a certification in order to attend, however, you must be at least 18 years of age or older.
Postpartum Doula Training in Montgomery, AL
Organization Name: For Love of Baby
Instructor: Laura Nance
Course and Workshop Details
2 day Postpartum Doula training workshop
- 4/28/2017 to 4/29/2017
- Required as part of the CAPPA postpartum doula certification
- Do not need to be enrolled through CAPPA to attend
Costs and Fees
The Postpartum Doula training workshop costs $450.00 if registered before March 28, 2017. Otherwise the cost will be $500.
Email Laura@forloveofbaby.com to register or for cancellation details.
Postpartum Doula Training in Dolthan, AL
Organization Name: Southeast Alabama Medical Center Women's Center
Course and Workshop Details and Requirements
Lamaze-based class - one 3 hour class per week for 4 weeks
Breastfeeding class - 3 hour class
Baby Safety class - 2 hour class
Traveling with a Newborn class - 2 hour class
These classes will teach you essential postpartum doula skills, but are not affiliated with a certification-granting organization such as DONA or CAPPA.
Course and Workshop Topics
These classes will train you in the following topics as part of your postpartum doula training:
- Discuss various newborn characteristics such as sleeping patterns, frequency of feeding, and other aspects of normal infant behavior
- Learn how to provide postpartum care
- Understand that families need time to adjust to a newborn and different methods to ease a newborn into a new family
- Learn the factual benefits of nursing a baby
- Discuss how to manage the difficulties of breastfeeding and learn how to support a breastfeeding woman
- Demonstrate how to baby-proof a home as well as proper car seat safety
- Learn how to safely provide daily newborn care such as feeding and bathing
Costs and Fees
Lamaze-based class - $35
Breastfeeding class - $10
Baby Safety class - $10
Traveling with a Newborn class - $10
Register online and check available dates and times by clicking here.
Payments can be sent to:
Southeast Alabama Medical Center
Women's Center, Childbirth Education
1108 Ross Clark Circle
Dothan, AL 36301