Below is a listing of various educational classes or other resources in the New Hampshire area which you can use for your doula training. If the classes are a required part of a certificate granting program, it will be noted in the details. You do not have to be pursuing a certification in order to attend, however, it is required that you be of at least 18 years or older.
Doula Training in Concord, NH
Organization Name: Well Pregnancy
Instructor: Julie Brill, CCCE, CLD
Dates: 4/1/2017 to 4/2/2017
Course and Workshop Details and Requirements
This is a 2 day birth/labor doula training workshop which is affliated with CAPPA. This workshop is required for CAPPA certfication, however, you can still take the workshop even if you are not affiliated or enrolling with CAPPA.
Course and Workshop Topics
As part of your doula training, these classes will cover the following:
- Learn hands on techniques for comfort during pregnancy and labor such as massages, breathing techniques, and positioning
- Preparing the mother for the physical and emotional challenges that arise during pregnancy, labor, birth, and immediate postpartum periods
- Learn about the basics of successful breastfeeding and how to express and store milk
- Discuss infant care methods such as diapering and bathing
- Identify newborn sleeping and crying patterns
- Practice hands on support skills, engaging in role playing and group work, discussing possible scenarios, and learning how to get your business rolling
Costs and Fees
Labor doula workshop - $500
Childbirth education workshop (different dates and times than the labor doula workshop) - $500
You can register online for the labor doula training or the childbirth education training by clicking here.