Listed below are educational classes and/or workshops available in Louisiana which can be used as your doula training. If you want to enroll in a program to become certified, please read the details carefully to determine if they are necessary training for that program.
Doula Training in Baton Rouge, MA
Organization Name: Academy of Childbirth Educators
Instructor: Hope DeYoung-Daniels
Course and Workshop Details
This is a 3 day birth doula training course that is required for DONA certification. This set of courses are offered on the following dates
- (Optional) Breastfeeding for doulas class on Oct 6, 2017
- Childbirth for doulas class is offered on Oct 6, 2017
- Training workshop is offered from Oct 7-8, 2017.
Costs and Fees
Birth doula training workshop including the childbirth for doulas class - $425.00 for early registration, $450 for late registration. A $100 deposit is required.
To register and pay online, click here.
Doula Training in New Orleans, LA
Course and Workshop Details and Requirements
- 1 day Introduction to Childbirth course (7 hours, required for DONA certification)
- Birth doula training workshop (required for DONA certification)
Course and Workshop Topics
As part of your doula training, these courses will cover the following:
- How to provide comfort to the mother
- Learn how to operate your doula business
- Understand what to do when meeting with your clients
- Practice communication skills
- Engage in networking with your colleagues
- Learn how to work with other health care providers
- Discuss the ethics and requirements for certification
- Read the DONA approved literature: The Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas and All Other Labor Companions, 4rd edition
Costs and Fees
3 day Birth doula workshop - $475, $200 deposit required
Early registration discount is $50 for a total of $425
Late registration fee is $25 for a total of $500
You can register online at by clicking here.